Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Camera (Body)
The Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II packs plenty of technology into a compact, classic-looking body. Five-axis image stabilization is built in, so no matter what lens you've got on the front, your camera is actively correcting for movements that can blur your photos — pitch, yaw, roll and vertical and horizontal shift. A bright, detailed electronic viewfinder (EVF) complements a 3-inch, high-res touchscreen monitor that tilts in order to give you a better view from unusual angles. The camera's Micro Four Thirds mount puts plenty of well-regarded lenses at your disposal, and the camera body comes bundled with the Olympus FL-LM3 flash.
The need for speed
The E-M5 is optimized to give you the best possible image with all due speed. The camera's 81-area autofocus system provides accurate, high-speed focusing, even when subject is moving toward or away from you. At its top speed, the E-M5 Mark II is capable of an impressive 10 frames-per-second still image capture rate. And it can freeze action with a speedy shutter that can fire in 1/8000th-second. If you're at a dance recital, that means you can freeze the highest leaps in mid-air, then switch over to video mode and record the fluidity of the dancers' movements as well.
The OM-D E-M5 Mark II is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi, so you can upload photos and video to social media for immediate sharing. You can also remotely control the camera's shutter and other functions through the same connection, and import GPS information from your smartphone.
- 16-megapixel effective recording
- Four Thirds-type Live MOS image sensor (17.3 x 13.0 mm)
- five-axis in-body image stabilization minimizes blurring due to yaw, pitch, roll and vertical and horizontal movement
- 3" (1,037,000 dot) tilting LCD touchscreen with brightness control
- high-resolution (2,360,000-dot) electronic viewfinder
- full-time live view mode for screen and viewfinder lets you instantly see how your settings will affect the image
- 81-area autofocus for accurate, high-speed focusing, even when subject is in motion
- face/eye detection autofocus with face recognition locks in focus for sharp candids and portraits
- in-camera art filters can be applied to both stills and HD movies for creative effects
- compatible with Micro Four Thirds lenses
- sealed for protection against moisture and dust
- records photos and video onto optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
- shutter speed range: 60-1/8,000 seconds, bulb
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-25,600
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- 23 preset scene modes
- 11 in-camera art filters including pop art and pin hole camera
- shoots HD video up to 1920 x 1080 resolution
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB 2.0 interface
- micro HDMI output (cable not included)
- 4-7/8"W x 3-3/8"H x 1-3/4"D (without lens)
- weight (with memory card and battery): 16.54 oz.